Has it really been a week since I posted a PKD? That’s just awful. Have you all been reduced to eating dry crusts of Wonder bread with glasses of lukewarm water to dip them in? Shhh, it’s alright now. BCM will make it all better.
I wanted to give you lovelies a recipe that invokes the true spirit of PKDs. You remember our motto, don’t you? Everybody – DAMN THE MAN! Make that shit yo’self! Today’s fancy pants recipe is Chicken Cordon Bleu.
OK, so maybe it’s not all that fancy. It used to be all the rage in the 60’s though. If you want to make it fancier, you can use veal instead of chicken. Some people don’t like the whole eating-baby-cows thing(wussies). I use chicken simply because it’s cheaper.
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken boob halves
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 6 slices Swiss cheese
* 4 slices cooked ham
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C for my buddy in GB). Coat a 7×11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each boob. Roll up each boob.
Dip in egg. Roll in breadcrumbs. Place in baking dish.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
I recommend using actual ham and cheese, not that pre-packaged processed shit. Your deli counter will have actual cooked ham. Just look for it or ask your deli person. You can use Gruyère or Provolone instead of Swiss cheese. I actually like Provolone better. I don’t trust Swiss cheese because it looks like this motherfucker:
If you’re using organic, free-range chicken(I’m looking at you, Liz and The Rev.), then your chicken boobs will be on the small side. There’s no reason for your chicken to be ashamed of its tetas. All you’ll have to do is butterfly them.
So now there is absolutely no reason for you punks to go to [crappy sandwich chain store] to get this dish. And I really promise to try to get a PKD to you quicker this week. I know all 4 of you will be thrilled by this. But, like I said before, I don’t get paid for this shit. So deal with it!